MPEA Freedom of Information Act Procedures
The following are Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority guidelines regarding requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act (the Act).
- All requests for records must be submitted in writing. Oral requests will not be honored. The attached form is provided as a convenience but is not required to be used. However the request should contain the name and contact information of the requestor as well as a clear description of the records sought. Note - the MPEA will not interpret or advise requesters as to the meaning or significance of the public records. The request may be delivered by mail, facsimile, or email during normal business hours for the general administrative offices of the MPEA. (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 p.m.) to:
Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority
301 E. Cermak Road Chicago, IL 60616
To submit your request via email, complete the .pdf form and email it to us as an "attached" document.
FOIA requests received at any other time will be docketed as received at 8:30 am on the next business day.
- Copying and Inspection of Public Records:
- Copies of public records shall be provided to the requestor only upon payment of any charges which are due. The MPEA may require the deposit of a sum estimated to be sufficient to cover such copying costs before copies are produced.
- Inspection of public records will be conducted during normal business hours at the MPEA Corporate Offices or such other location designated by the MPEA FOIA Officer. An employee of the MPEA may be present through the inspection. A requestor may be prohibited from bringing bags, brief cases, or other containers into the inspection room. Documents which the requestor wishes to have copied shall be segregated during the course of the inspection.
- Unless the copying fee is waived as provided in the Act, or otherwise established by law, a requestor shall pay the following fees for copying, certification, and mailing of public records:
- For black and white, letter or legal sized copies, the first 50 pages are free, and the charges for additional pages shall be 15 cents per page.
- For color or abnormal sized copies, the municipality may charge the actual cost of copying. Where the services of an outside vendor are used to copy any public record, the actual charges of such outside vendor shall be the fees for copying such records.
- For electronic copies the fee shall be the actual cost of the recording medium
(tape, CD, disk, etc.).
- Certification -- $1.00 per document plus copy cost.
- Mailing -- Cost of Postage.